Tuesday, December 22, 2009

25 weeks along....

Today was a wonderful day!  First off, I had my monthly doctor's appointment with another sonogram beforehand.  This is the second sonogram I have had so far, and in just 5 weeks time I couldn't believe how much bigger our baby boy was!  I wish I had a scanner to show you all the pictures; he is such a handsome little man!  (And yes, we are still having a BOY for all my friends that are still convinced we are having a girl!  haha! The sonographer said she was "sure" we are having a boy.)  My mom went with me to my appointment today which I really appreciated.  It was so nice to have her there with me... just to share the whole experience together.  She thinks he looks alot like me, which is pretty exciting to hear!!  I honestly couldn't tell, but I could pick out a few things that I thought were his daddy's traits...like his feet and his lips.  I guess we'll see when he gets here...not too much longer!  The important thing is that his measurements and everything all look great and he's a very healthy baby from what the doctor can tell.  He's actually measuring a week early, so we might be off on our due date a little (he measured about 3 days early at our last sono I think) or I might just be delivering a big boy!  Obviously, I'm hoping for the former, but my Mom told me not to get my hopes up too high.  hahaha!  We will have another sonogram at 34 weeks to check his measurements again and make sure we have our due date right.  After the doctor's appointment, Mom and I drove around Lawrence and looked at houses which made for a fun trip!  We saw some great ones and some that I can definitely cross off our list.   For those of you that don't know, Shane and I are looking to buy a house in Lawrence..hopefully, before Baby Alford gets here.  We met with our realtor this past weekend, which made us even more excited about starting this next phase of our lives in a great town!  I will keep you all posted on any updates! 

4 comments:

  1. jenny!!!! thanks for the beautiful update :) you are soooooo rockin the whole pregnancy thing, so cute you are!!!! i am so happy your momma got to go with you too!! what a blessing :) and yay!!!!! you went to look at houses, so fun!! have a WONDERFUL christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your updates! You are just too stinkin cute! Good luck on your house hunt! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, beautiful prego lady :) You are glowing, as always!! Glad to hear everything with your little boy looked good at your appointment!

    Good luck with your house search...that is exciting! Have a Merry Christmas! 2010 is going to be an AMAZING year for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenny! I found your blog through Audra's. Congrats on the pregnancy-so exciting! You look beautiful! So glad to hear everything is going well. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete