Monday, March 22, 2010

38 Weeks Along...

Hello everyone!  Here I am at 38 weeks....HUGE, I know!  And sorry about this awful picture.....I have been suffering from a serious case of allergies this week (constant runny nose, sneezing, swollen eyes...the whole nine yards.)  I hope this passes soon, because I can't imagine trying to deliver this child barely being able to breathe.  Anyway, I'm really starting to feel the inconveniences of having a big 'ol belly this week.  I think some of my friends and family have been waiting to see when I'll get to this point, because nothing has really bothered me yet.  Well, I'm there now!  haha!  I still wouldn't say that I'm at a completely miserable state, because I'm definitely not miserable; just kind of annoyed at times.  
Here's what I'm experiencing now....
  • My hands are going numb and my hips feel bruised when I sleep too long on one side, so I'm constantly having to switch sides.
  • Constantly having to go to the bathroom, even in the middle of the night when I haven't had anything to drink for hours......this is getting old.
  • So you can see that I'm not sleeping well and lack of sleep = extra crankiness for me.  Shane is so sweet though.  He's always telling me what a great pregnant woman I am and that I never complain about anything.  So maybe I'm a little better about hiding my crankiness than I realize.
  • My body has decided it's going to develop carpal tunnel syndrome.  Nice!  Which basically just means that my wrists and hands hurt, especially if I put too much pressure or weight on them.  
  • Harder to get up off the floor, out of bed, out of the bathtub, etc. especially if I have to use my hurting hands and wrists :)
  • Wedding ring is finally off!  :(  My fingers get too swollen by the end of the day and I'm afraid it will get stuck.
  • Just feeling HUGE everywhere!  Not Fun, Not Fun, Not Fun!!! 
Good things are happening though too...
  • I don't have swelling in my feet or ankles!
  • I'm talking to Baby Alford a lot more.  Mainly, I talk to him about his wonderful daddy, what we're doing in the moment, I read aloud the Bible to him and I pray for him.  
  • Shane and I have already grown so much closer and our little man isn't even here yet.  I truly married my best friend and am so excited to start this next journey with him.  
  • House update.... We are moving in two weeks!!!  We close on our house, Friday, April 2 and are moving in the next day on April 3 (Shane's 31st birthday).  What a trooper he is to be moving us on his birthday.  He's just as anxious as I am to get moved as soon as possible, because we are hoping to get settled before Baby Alford arrives.  Our due date is April 5!    

2 comments:

  1. Hello, Miss Jenny!! I'm sorry to hear about your allergies, but you still look adorable! It's crazy that your due date will be here so soon! I hope that everything works out for you guys to get all moved before Baby Alford comes! You better sit back and watch, or baby might wanna come join the moving party :)

    Praying for you, baby and your new family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny glad you are doing well, I have been thinking of you and Shano! You are getting so close, can't wait to hear about the new addition... Enjoy these last few days and do something to treat yourself:) Take care you look so cute:)

    ReplyDelete