So much has changed in our lives already....Completely for the better I should add. I have never been happier!! Or more tired in my life! :) I now almost never have my hair fixed, legs shaved or nails painted. I shower less, sleep way less, and haven't cooked a meal since Eirik was born. I don't talk on the phone or spend time with my family and friends as often anymore, or get to check my email, facebook or blogger that often either. There is just no time to fit all that in my days anymore.....at least not right now. And I actually don't mind these big changes too much....probably because I have a new little love in my life now and taking care of him and spending time with him is my new favorite hobby!
Eirik is now one month old; I can't believe it....how fast the time goes by! The number one piece of advice we received was to cherish every moment because it goes by so fast, so that's what we've been doing. Trying to cherish every moment the best that we can. We've taken probably a thousand photos (or more) and I don't know how I'm going to choose which ones to post on here because they're all so cute!
Eirik, at just one month, you are such a special boy! Mommy and Daddy love you so much and we can't believe how fast the time is going already. We are so thankful that God put you in our care and are so excited to watch you grow. Here are some unique things about you....
- You literally came out smiling (once they put you in my arms anyway) and smile all the time! Oh and your smiles, gurgles and noises are the sweetest ever! Daddy and I keep saying how we need to get a video camera to record all your sweet baby noises you make...so that we can never forget! We will be getting one soon.
- You are also very strong for a newborn. You can hold your head up on your own very well already and when I lay you on your back you always roll over to your side. You are a side sleeper I'm afraid!
- You are very large for a baby too...not chubby or fat, just very long and big! You are growing very fast...I can't wait to see what you weigh at your next doctor's appointment in a few weeks. At your two week checkup you were already 10lbs 3oz and 22 inches, so you had basically gained a pound and grown an inch since birth, and I know you're bigger already because I can feel it when I carry you around.
- You have big hands and your feet are pretty big too. But I think God definitely has something special planned for you with those hands of yours. :) It's fun to think about what that might be.
- You are very happy and alert for a newborn and we are always getting comments from people about it. They say you act just like a 3 month old and look like a "little man" already. Funny because I was calling you my "little man" before you were even born.
- You are very attached to your Mommy already, which I LOVE and Daddy doesn't so much! He's so jealous!! It's very cute actually!! I keep telling him that his day will come; when you prefer Daddy over Mommy, because I know all children will go through phases of preferring one parent over the other, but it's still hard for him to wait until that time. You love to be held and are pretty particular on how you like to be held as well....upright over Mommy or Daddy's shoulder is your favorite position and you get to be pretty heavy after awhile!
- You have started to get fussy/colicky in the evenings...poor little guy! Mommy and Daddy feel so bad for you during those times, but we have started to figure out some things that help. You like going for car rides or being held in front of the dryer when it's running. Mommy has even cut out dairy and is cutting back on coffee/pop to see if this helps you out. We're hoping that this doesn't last too much longer and have been praying about this, because we hate seeing you in any kind of pain.
- You finally love your bath time! You did not like taking baths when you were brand new and cried every time we put you in your tub. Now you cry when we take you out! haha! You LOVE your bath time and being in the warm water.
- Never say "Never"! Before you were born, there were things that I didn't think I would do with my baby (like introduce a pacifier, use a wipes warmer, or let you sleep in bed with us, etc.) but all that nonsense in my head about how I thought things should be was thrown out the window once you were actually here. I have learned that you have a mind of your own, as I'm sure all babies do, and Mommy's way isn't always the right way. What you want right now is actually what you need to feel safe, secure and loved. And we can't resist giving it to you....anything to make you happy my sweet! So yes, without hesitation on our part, you are now using a pacifier, wipes warmer, sleeping in bed with us at night, and everything else I said I would never do it seems....haha! Honey, we wouldn't have it any other way.
- I've learned you can't spoil a newborn. With that being said, things will change once you are two.
*Click on any of the pictures below to enlarge*
Eirik at 2 Days Old
3 Days Old
5 Days Old
6 Days Old
One Week Old
8 Days Old- Circumcision Day
2 Weeks Old
15 Days Old
One Month Old
Oh he's so adorable Jenny! I wish I could hold him myself;)
ReplyDeleteYou have one adorable little man. You are right, he is so alert and looks much older than one month. What a blessing! It's funny how everyone tells you how great motherhood is before you have kids and you believe it but you can never fully understand until you have your own little one. Enjoy this time loving on your newborn and know that everyone understands if you take a little longer to update your blog. :)
ReplyDeleteHope my little buddy is feeling better this week. Love the little man! Hope to make another trip over to Lawrence to see all again soon!
ReplyDeleteOH, I can't believe he's one month old! He's so, so cute! And, don't worry, we ALL do everything we said we would never do. I think the only one I've held up on is the TV... he's wearing me down though, we'll see how that looks over the next few weeks. Keep loving on that baby, these days are so precious!!
ReplyDeleteToo adorable, Jenny - both you and Eirik! Meg and I want to come visit ASAP; I'll call you soon to set something up. :) Love you and your cute family!! - Whitney
ReplyDeleteHe is a growing guy! My little was born April 17th so hope its okay that I keep up with your blog. It's always fun to see how the other little ones are doing that are so close in age!
ReplyDeleteMacy weighed 10lbs 13 oz at her one month check up...just think he weighed that at about 2 weeks :-)
I'm glad you are enjoying motherhood...it is the best thing in life! I can totally relate to the lack of time for just about anything!