Monday, August 2, 2010

Today was a good day!

Okay, yesterday was a good day too!  Lately, like the last three weeks, I've pretty much been feeling like pulling my hair out.  Eirik just hasn't wanted to nap at all and when little kiddos don't nap you know how fussy they can get.  So, I've been working with him on enforcing the naps which has only been making him extra fussy.  aaagghhh!  It's for your own good little man....just sleep!  Another thing with this little man of ours is that he hates his car seat.....just really HATES it!  I mean throwing screaming fits hates it!  haha!  I've basically just been forcing him to ride in the car so we can get out of the house and also hoping that he will adjust and just start getting used to riding in the car, but really, it's just been getting worse.  Poor guy!  But poor mommy also, because unless I want to listen to screaming and crying and get this little man all worked up and upset (or pull over every 5 minutes), we just better stay homebound!  So, this last week, that's what I've decided to do...just stay homebound.  After 3 1/2 months, I'm worn out and tired and I'm not fighting it anymore!  I had a little mini breakdown on Saturday telling Shane, "I just had no idea how hard being a mommy really was."  He told me, "Honey, it's not hard being a mommy.  Anybody can be a mommy.  It's just hard being a really good mommy and that's what you are."  Okay, more tears!  Thank you Lord, that is exactly what I needed to hear...sigh!  Because, really, I have felt pretty inadequate.  I know I'm trying my best and giving it my all, but still........it's been tough.  When my child is fussy or not taking naps like other kids do or whatever, the list goes on, I just blame myself.  Anyway, as I said before....yesterday was a good day and today...well, so far so good!  Eirik has gone down for his naps like a champ!  He has been a much happier little guy during the day too!  Yesterday he didn't cry once!  What?  Thank you Lord!  Hopefully we are on to something......:)  And if not, I know this is just a phase and we will get through it.

So Eirik is 3 1/2 months old now...just took him to the doctor last week and he weighed in at a healthy 17 pounds 13 ounces (98th percentile)  and was 25.8 inches (91st percentile).  We're always getting comments from people on how big he is and when they ask how old he is, I'll tell them and they really can't believe it.  Shane and I just laugh, because really, we can't believe it either.  We keep waiting for this growth spurt to slow down, but so far he's just been on a roll! 

Eirik, at 3 months..............
  • You still really love music and mommy singing to you.  Right now, we are jamming to ABBA.  They are your favorite band.  Maybe one day you will love watching Mamma Mia with me, because it's one of mommy's favorite musicals and I could just watch it over and over again. 
  • You have just started reaching out for toys.  You will hold them now and chew on them. 
  • You love your Rainforest jumperoo.  You really jump high!  I can't believe it; you have no fear buddy!
  • You are talking a lot...and screaming a lot!  You love to scream when you are excited.  And you love listening to yourself make all sorts of new sounds. 
  • You are a giggle box now.  I mean, you just flat out giggle!  It's really cute! 
  • Your favorite book is "My Grandpa and Me" given to you by your Gramps.  It's one of those recordable voice books and you love listening to Gramp's voice as we turn the pages. 
  • Morning time is your favorite time of day!  You wake up talking to the light shining through the window which eventually turns into screaming because you are so excited!  It's like you are having a conversation with God every morning and it makes me smile every time because it is so refreshing for mommy's spirit to wake up to this every single day.
  • You are taking all your naps in your room upstairs in your big boy crib now, but still sleeping in your bassinet at night in mommy and daddy's room.  This makes middle of the night feedings much easier!
  • You are drooling with the best of them and chewing on things like crazy.  We think you are teething.
  • You are wearing 6-12 month size clothing depending on the brand and have been in size 3 diapers for a while now.
  • You love to practice sitting and standing and you don't like to sit still for too long.
  • You love your bath time!  You will throw your arms around and kick your feet and splash, splash, splash!  There is hardly any water left in your tub by the time your bath is over.
  • You have started to suck your thumb in your sleep.
  • Mommy is still your absolute favorite person in the world..such a momma's boy!  Daddy's adjusting.
  • Oh yah, and you are so handsome!!
Bouncing around in the Rainforest Jumperoo
Watching mommy get ready in the morning
My gummies really hurt!

goofing around with Daddy
Yay for bath time!
Getting ready for bed time
Hanging with the boys! (Daddy, Gramps and Uncle Matt)
Bye for now!  Thanks for visiting!
Love, Shane, Jenny and Eirik :)
   

1 comment:

  1. oh jenny! your honesty is so beautiful. (as are you, because honey.....you are glowing like a new bride in those pictures!!!).
    but really.
    as i read through your thoughts on this post, it made me think.......hmmmmmm God truly gave her what she could handle, and when she was at her limits, and when she surrendered it over to Him, He took over and blessed her with a good day(s)!!
    clearly, i can't give you any mommy advice (yet!) but it seems to me like you are getting it figured out. and in a healthy way. realizing its a struggle, and having mini breakdowns are all part of the process :)
    i always say i feel better after a really good cry!!
    please continue to be open, i'm soaking up your honesty like a sponge, and i know who to call in 2 months, when im the one having the mini breakdowns
    you are beautiful inside and out........
    Eirik is one blessed bambino, to have a momma like you :)
    LOVE you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete