Monday, February 15, 2010

33 Weeks Along......And more EXCITING NEWS to share!!!

At 33 weeks I am feeling.....
  • TIRED
  • crazy amounts of movement (rolls, kicks, stretches). He particularly likes kicking me in my right side, so I think I may have some internal bruising (only partially kidding) :) 
  • Movement feels SO different now... LONG GONE are the days of polite little kicks...... because Baby Alford is so much bigger, he can really knock around all the other organs in my body too
  • which makes it harder to get comfortable to go to sleep at night... he's a little firecracker at bedtime!
  • which is probably why I'm more tired now
  • which is also why I'm really, really excited that we will finally be getting to meet him soon!
  • and BLESSED!  There isn't one day that passes that I don't feel COMPLETELY blessed by The Lord for our little man growing inside me.  I wouldn't trade it for anything and I really mean that!
And for our other EXCITING NEWS.............

Shane and I went out to look at houses in Lawrence with our realtor this past Saturday (2/13)...... our first time to go out together and look at houses. I was so excited all week looking forward to Saturday....first times are always so FUN!  Well, after a long days work and to make a longer story short, we found THE HOUSE!!!  We knew we had to make an offer on this house, because it would go quickly in Lawrence and they were having an open house the next day (2/14).  It had only been listed for I think 3 days, so it was just put on the market.  Well, by the time our day was over and paperwork written up, it was evening time and our realtor couldn't get in touch with the other realtor that the house is listed with, so we had to wait until the next day for our offer to be presented.  Patiently waiting, we heard back from our realtor around noon on Sunday, 2/14 (about an hour before the open house was supposed to start) that our offer was ACCEPTED and that the realtor was going to cancel the open house!!!   Honestly, there were so many signs that I won't elaborate on (I did say I would make a longer story short), but Shane and I have seen The Lord working through this whole process (not just these last few days, but this whole past year) and He couldn't have blessed us with a better home!  God's timing really is PERFECT and if we hadn't been willing to wait on God's timing, we would not have been blessed with this PERFECT house He had in mind for us!!  :) 

Oh, I will share with you the final 'sign' we received.  Right after we got off the phone with our realtor telling us that our offer had been accepted (we were in our car driving home from the grocery store) it started SNOWING!  And I mean, LITERALLY, right after we hung up the phone!  For those of you who may not know, snowing has been a major reoccuring theme for us happening at some major important times the past 3-4 months.  Shane and I both felt The Lord's presence yesterday on our car ride home in the beautiful snow!  I won't ever forget that moment we shared (and of course, I was crying!!)  ...........on Valentine's Day, February 14, 2010.  

And here's a sneak peak of our PERFECT house!!  :)
 



Notice the sign!!  Our realtor already called me today (after this picture was taken) and told me we are now officially under contract---YES!!!

Love and Hugs, jenny

5 comments:

  1. jenny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    oh my heart is SO SO SO glad to read of all this good news. you guys SOOOOO deserve this beautiful house. and yikes, it is SOOOOO cute!!!!!!! i will be praying that everything goes smoothly!!!!!
    God's timing is so perfect, isn't it!?!?!? LOVE you sweet friend, and THANK YOU SOOOOO much for your dear dear comment on my blog, means so much :)
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh YAYAYAY for your cute little family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny! You are so cute!! Seriously!! You look great!! I am glad to hear that things continue to go well with your pregnancy! I am still at the stage of polite little kicks although I know it won't be long and I'll be in for it!! :) This baby is already a wild one so I am trying to mentally prepare myself for what is to come!! :) As if that is even possible!!

    And CONGRATS on the house!! How exciting!! It looks perfect!! I wish you only the best!!

    Have a wonderful week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo exciting about the house, Jenny! I am so very happy for you guys. How sweet to have a new home to start your little family in~ Congrats!

    Enjoy all those little baby kicks :)
    The house is adorable by the way...it kind of reminds me of the house you grew up in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw jenny im so excited and happy for you guys! that is awesome! happy birthday a little late also! i wanted to call you but i lost all my contacts, long story! i love your baby belly, you are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny, THIS IS WONDERFUL!!! What a beautiful, cute home! I'm so excited for you guys! Let us know if you need ANY help with getting moved in and settled. I know from first hand how "fun" it is to be moving when you're very pregnant, so please let us help if you need/want any!

    Looking forward to next Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete