Tuesday, February 23, 2010

34 Weeks Along...

Hello peeps!  We've just been super busy lately.  As first time homebuyers, I just didn't realize how extensive the list of things to do and all the work involved was just to get a house.  We've been having appointments out the whazoo since we signed the contract for the home.  We had our housing inspection this past weekend and are praying that all turns out great!  We really just love the house we picked and if all goes well, we'll be moving in just a little over a month (beginning of April).  Of course, that's right when our due date is, so we are going to be busy!!!  And I'm not stressed or freaked out or anything....just super excited!  What's wrong with me?  Aren't I supposed to be this crazy "nesting" pregnant woman? 

I went to the doctor yesterday and Baby Alford is still breech!!  Most babies are usually turned head down at this point, and of course, he can still turn head down at anytime, which we are really hoping and praying that he will, but if he doesn't, then we will have to have a c-section.  Yuck!  It's extremely hard in this day and age to find a doctor that will allow you to naturally deliver a breech baby because of the risks involved, so they just schedule a c-section.  I realize some women would probably love to be told this news, but not me.  I do realize it's not the end of the world if I end up having a c-section, and that the ultimate goal is to have a healthy baby and momma, but I would really just prefer to have the whole (painful I hear) experience of a spontaneous natural delivery.  Maybe I am crazy!  ;)  Come on, turn baby turn! 

2 comments:

  1. Hey, do a lot of downward dog poses which helps. The Dr can also do an inversion to help turn before you fo into labor which would be done in a few weeks. I know that fear and I am so sorry. Both mine were breech until about 34 weeks then turned. Try cold packs on the top of your stomach...babies don't like to be near cold so he will try to get away from it and flip down. Google turning breech babies and it will give you a list of things to do. I did some of them and I have friends who have done others. Congrats on the house! Lawrence? My whole family lives there now. I am going to Lawrence tomorrow to hang out with my sister during the day. Hope you continue to do well! Positive thinking on turning head down!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, You look great..sorry to hear your little guy is breech. Our little person has been head down for weeks (and really doesn't need to be). I hope that he decides to turn and get with the program :) I am so excited about your house. It is super cute and hope that everything works out and you are in it in no time. Your last comment on my page cracked me up. I had just been thinking about us playing tennis together and going to your grandma's house. I remember drinking cherry 7-up over there all the time. I can't wait for the next update!

    ReplyDelete